While horse names don’t have to be as reserved or dignified as human ones, they are still considered one of the most essential things about a horse.
It’s often said that a well-chosen name will impact the success of your horse and that you should take your time when selecting it.
While this isn’t always true (it’s hard to deny that Gypsy, Misty, and Stormy weren’t names that held back their owners), proper care should always be taken when naming your horse.
Check out these Arabian horse names that will be great for your equine.
Don’t have time to read the full list? Here is a quick peek at our favorites!
|Arabian Horse Names for Stallions||Arabian Horse Names for Mares|
Make sure to also check these names for appaloosa horses!
List of the Best Arabic Horse Names
Arabian Horse Names reflect the traditions of the ancient Persian Empire and Arabia. We have compiled a voluminous list of Arabic Horse Names for you to choose from.
Here are some Arabic names based on their origin and motherland.
|Acacia – for the red acacia flower found on the Arabian peninsula|
|Alharu – Arabic for hot|
|Azraff Emir Al Badi – Arabic for elegant Prince of the desert|
|Dubai – city on the Arabian peninsula|
|Jeddah – a coastal city located on the Arabian peninsula|
|Ramili – Arabic for sandy|
|Rimel (female) – Arabic for sand|
|Sahra – Arabic for desert|
|Salvia – common desert plant|
89 Male Arabian Horse Names
If you’re looking for a bit of inspiration for your Arabian mare or just want to see what’s out there, then look no further than our list of male Arabian Horse Names:
- Abda – power
- Abdul Aziz – Servant of the powerful one
- Abdul Rahman – Servant of the Merciful One
- Abdullah – Servant of God
- Adel – Just
- Adham – Black
- Ahmad – Most highly adored or most praised
- Al-Amir – commander
- Ali – the greatest, excellent, noble
- Altair – The flying eagle
- Amin – Faithful, Trustworthy
- Amir – Prince
- Anwar – Light
- Aqwa – strongest
- Asad – Lion
- Ashwa – strength like a horse
- Asif – powerful
- Asim – protector
- Azzam – Determined, resolved
- Badr – Full moon
- Baha – Beautiful, magnificent
- Bajes – powerful warrior
- Barakah – Blessing
- Basil – valiant
- Basila – rave or courageous
- Bassam – Smiling
- Emir – command
- Emir – To command
- Esam – safeguard
- Esam, Essam – Safeguard
- Fahd – Lynx
- Faisal – Decisive
- Fakhir – Proud, excellent
- Farid – Unique
- Faris – knight
- Faris – Horseman, knight
- Fathi – conqueror
- Fawwaz – Successful
- Ghalib – victor
- Habib – Beloved
- Hani – Happy, delighted
- Hassan – Beautiful
- Haswain – horserider and strong men
- Hussien – Little beauty
- Ibrahim – Arabic form of ‘Abraham’
- Imad – Support, pillar
- Jabbar – mighty
- Jumah – Born on Friday
- Kadar – Powerful
- Kamil – Perfect
- Kardal – Mustard seed
- Kareem – Generous, noble, friendly
- Kasib – Fertile
- Khali – Good friend
- Khalid – Eternal
- Labeeb – Sensible, intelligent
- Lutfi – Kind and friendly
- Mahir – Skilled
- Makin – strong and firm
- Makin – Strong, firm
- Malik – Master, angel, king
- Matty – strong in war
- Muhanned – Sword
- Mukhtar – Chosen
- Muntasir – Victorious
- Muslim – Submitting oneself to God
- Mustafa – Chosen one
- Muti – Obedient
- Nabil – Noble
- Nadir – Rare, dear
- Naim – Comfort, tranquility
- Nuri – Shining, brightness
- Omar – Long life, first son, most high
- Qasim – Divider, distributor
- Quwa – power
- Rayham – Favored by God
- Safiy – Best friend
- Saleh – Good, right
- Salim – Safe, whole, flawless
- Samir – Entertaining companion
- Saqr – Falcon
- Sarim – sharp sword
- Saud – Fortunate
- Shihab – Flame, blaze
- Sofian – Devoted
- Tariq – Name of a star
- Ubaid – Faithful
- Usama, Usamah – Description of a lion
- Zufar – like a lion
Check out these beautiful good Arabian horse names.
92 Female Arabian Horse Names
Beautiful horses deserve beautiful names. Here are some great female horse names. Ablah – Perfectly formed
- Adiva – Pleasant, gentle
- Aini – Spring, flower, source, choice
- Aliah – Exalted, noble, highest social standing
- Aliah – Exalted, noble, highest social standing
- Alima – Wise
- Almas – Diamond
- Amal – Hopes, aspirations
- Amatullah – Female servant of Allah
- Aminah – trustworthy, faithful
- Amirah, Ameera – Princess, leader
- Ayishah living, prosperous
- Azhar – Flowers, blossoms
- Azizah, Azeeza – Esteemed, precious, cherished
- Badra – Full moon
- Bahira – Dazzling, brilliant
- Balqis – Name of the Queen of Sheba
- Bimin – powerful and strong
- Buthaynah – Of beautiful body
- Cala – Castle
- Cantara – Small bridge
- Dahab – Gold
- Faizah – Victorious, winner
- Falak – Star
- Falak – Star
- Farah – Joy
- Farida – Unique
- Fellah – Arabian jasmine
- Ghadah – Beautiful
- Haifa – Slender, of beautiful body
- Hamidah – Praiseworthy
- Hanan – Mercy
- Hayat – Life
- Hibah – Gift
- Hooda – Right guidance
- Huriyyah – Angel
- Iman – Faith, belief
- Intisar – Triumph
- Izana – powerful woman
- Izzi – mighty
- Jamilah – Beautiful, graceful, lovely
- Janan – Heart, soul
- Johara – Jewel
- Jumanah – Silver pearl
- Kalila – Sweetheart, beloved
- Kamilah – Perfect
- Khadijah – First wife of the Prophet
- Khairiyah – Charitable, good
- Khalida – Eternal
- Khulud – Immortality
- Latifah – Gentle, kind, pleasent
- Leila – Born at night
- Lina – Tender
- Luloah – A pearl
- Maha – Wild cow, cow-eyed
- Malak – Angel
- Malika – Queen
- Maryam or Mariam – Arabic form of Mary
- Mayyadah – To walk iwth a proud, swinging gait
- Mona – Wish, desire
- Nada – Generosity, dew
- Nawal – Gift
- Noor – Light
- Nuha – Intelligence
- Oza – strength
- Rana – To gaze, look
- Reem – Gazelle
- Rida – Favored by God
- Rizu – strong and powerful
- Ruqayyah – Gentle
- Ruwayday – Walking gently
- Salma – Peaceful
- Samira – Entertaining companion
- Sana – Resplendence, brilliance; to gaze or look
- Sawsan – Lily of the valley
- Suha – Name of a star
- Tarub – Merry
- Thurayya – Star
- Umayma – Little mother
- Wafiyyah – Loyal, faithful
- Wahibah – Giver, donor
- Warda – Rose
- Widad – Love, friendship
- Yafiah – High
- Yakootah – Emerald
- Yamha – Dove
- Yasmine – Jasmine
- Zafirah – Successful, Victorious
- Zahra – White
- Zahrah – Flower, star, beauty
- Zakiyyah – Pure
- Zaynah – Beautiful
- Zubaidah – Excellent
Here are some additional Arabian horse names.
🌿NAMES FOR ARABIAN HORSES🌿♬ Originalton – Alisa
Names for Arabian Horses
The Arabian horse is one of the oldest breeds in the world.
There are many stories and myths surrounding its origin, but the consensus is that they originated on the Arabian Peninsula around 2500 BC.
Arabian horses have traditionally been used as warhorses and for breeding purposes.
Arabians have been known to sire over 200 foals in their lifetime, and unlike other horse breeds, their powers only seem to improve with age.
Here are my favorite names for the Arabian Breed.
Check out this video on Arabian horses too.
Don’t forget to check our complete guide on Arabian horse types.
40 Black Arabian Horse Names
Most Arabian horses are black. But they are also some whose coat color is either bay, gray, chestnut, or roan.
Check out these majestic names for your black horse.
41 White Arabian Horse Names
Though not common or the Arabian breed, You can still name your white horse with an Arabian name.
25 Egyptian Horse Names
The Egyptians had a special love for this noble animal.
The first domesticated horses appeared in Egypt around 2000 BC , but it was not until about 1500 BC that the Egyptians developed chariots for war and hunting.
The Egyptians used horses mostly for pulling chariots and riding into battle. These are some great Egyptian names for horses names from ancient Egypt that would be perfect for your new horse!
- Adnan Aljassimya
- Aeina (female) – Arabic for the only one
- Affan – Arabic for modest or pure
- Asfa – Quranic for pure
- Asfiya – Arabic for pure ones
- Hali (male) – Arabic for unique and graceful
- Masir Al Mar
- Nakia (male/female) – Arabic for purity
- Patriot Lsa
- Safee (male) – Arabic for untainted
- Visoth (male) – Arabic for heavenly and pure
- Zakiya (female) – Quranic for pure or innocent
57 Famous Arabian Horse Names
Because of their lovely dished faces, graceful physique, and high tail carriage, Arabian horses are among the most identifiable breeds. 
Their striking appearance has made them a favorite horse in cinema and among the affluent and famous for many years.
Check out these famous horse names for your Arab horse that are legendary. Aragon
- Black Pearl
- Black Velvet
- Dark Horse
- El Alamein
- La Mirage
- Lucky Charm
- Milky Way
- The King
- The Knight
What do you name a beautiful white horse?
Some awesome names for a white horse are Casper, Cloud. Casper, Angel, Champagne, Heaven.
What are good horse names?
Some good has names include: Bella, Alex, Lilly, Alexia, Fancy.
Are Arabian horses from Egypt?
Today’s Straight Egyptian Arabian horse may be traced back to horses raised by the Bedouin tribes of ancient Arabia. Today, there are less than 6,000 Straight Egyptian Arabians globally, accounting for barely 3% of all Arabian horses.
Arabian horses are known for their elegance, refinement, and beauty. That’s why it’s natural to give such a horse an equally beautiful, elegant, and elegant name.
Whichever breed of horse you have, these names are perfect for all your legendary horses.
- 1. (PDF) The introduction of the domesticated horse in Southwest Asia [Internet]. ResearchGate. [cited 2022 Feb 7]. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/304711332_The_introduction_of_the_domesticated_horse_in_Southwest_Asia
- 2. Genetic study of Arabian horses challenges some common beliefs about the ancient breed [Internet]. Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine. 2020 [cited 2022 Feb 7]. Available from: https://www.vet.cornell.edu/news/20200622/genetic-study-arabian-horses-challenges-some-common-beliefs-about-ancient-breed
Andreea is a very passionate content creator and her purpose is to provide you with the most interesting articles, while constantly discovering new facts. She’s been freelance writing for the past five years and has created numerous articles and educational materials while managing her own mom blog.
Read her Latest Articles
Find her on
FACEBOOK AND Instagram