Black and white horse names for males are pretty cool!
There is something about a black and white horse that makes it look so stunning.
It’s a pretty rare coat color combination, and it only appears in a handful of horse breeds, including the Gypsy Vanner, Paint, Appaloosa, and Shetland Pony.
Now, if you own a male black and white horse, you might be at a loss of words on what to name him, so here are some of our favorite ideas!
READ MORE: How Long Can a Horse Run?
55 BEST BLACK AND WHITE HORSE NAMES FOR MALES
- Pongo– after the black & white dog from 101 Dalmatians.
- Chester– inspired by the game of chess.
- Namash – the Arabic version of the word “freckle”.
- Panda – based on the animal-panda animal
- Goofy – inspired by the cartoon character from Mickey Mouse.
- Almond Joy – after the candy bar, of course!
- Zorse – it’s the offspring resulting from a cross between a horse and zebra.
- Oreo – borrowed from the famous cookie.
- Penguin – inspired by the coolest bird (pun intended).
- Snoopy – after the Peanuts dog (who else?).
- Skunk – an animal with striped black and white colors.
- Barcode – it’s a funny black and white name, don’t you think?
- Bear – the majority of bears are either black or pure white.
- Puffin – inspired by the seabird that lives in the North Atlantic Ocean.
- Jeeves – his signature look is a black and white tuxedo.
- Ace of Spades – one of the most coveted in a deck of cards.
- Chaplain – like the legendary black and white movie star from the U.K.
- Domino -derived from the tile-based game.
- Holstein – borrowed from the mammoth Holstein cattle breed.
- Magpie – like the medium-sized Australian bird.
- Orca – referring to the killer whale.
- Salt N Pepper – based on the colors of these cooking ingredients.
- Dice – some dice are designed in a black and white color scheme.
- Tux – short for “tuxedo,” also perfect for black horse names.
- Storm Cloud – for a greyish black and white horse.
- Cookies n’ Cream – inspired by the snack. Yum!
- Starry – imagine the stars shining brightly against the darkness of the night.
- Inkblot – in reference to the contrasting colors of dark ink on white paper.
- Zorilla – (aka Polecat) a creature with a distinct black and white striped coat.
- Patches – for a horse whose white & black color patterns appear in patches.
- Lemur – native to Madagascar, has a clear black and white pattern.
- Tapir – the Malayan tapir has a white patch on black coloring.
- Valais – similar to the coloration on the domestic goat Valais Blackneck.
- Frappe – borrowed from Starbuck’s famous frappuccino.
- Cloudy – like different colors of clouds, which range from white to dark.
- Hellebore– the flower has petals so dark purple, they’re almost black.
- Junior Mint – named after the cute tiny candy called Junior Mint.
- Dalmatian – referring to the large-sized dog breed with a white coat and black spots.
- Mickey – based on the cartoon character from Disney.
- Moonlight – the brightness of the moon against the darkness of the night.
- Black Beauty – perfect for a black-coated horse with few white patches.
- Gemini – the astrological sign appears in black and white.
- Dotty – suitable for a horse whose color pattern is dotted.
- Harp Seal – has a grayish coat with black spots.
- Harly- a masculine version of Harlequin.
- Galaxy – inspired by the appearance of stars at night.
- Pirate -inspired by the pirate’s black and white flag.
- Bingo – based on the colors of the playing cards in this game.
- YinYang – derived from the ancient Chinese dualism concept.
- Onyx – refers to a type of rock with black and/or white bands.
- Silhouette – similar to the way a dark object appears against a white background.
- Black tie – it’s a dress code requiring men to wear tuxedos.
- Ermine – referring to the dark-brown & white mammal.
- Swallowtail – a gigantic butterfly with a black and white color scheme.
- Soccer – as in a soccer ball, which, until recently, used to be black and white.
READ MORE: 400+ Names for Gray Horses
Name your proud Clydesdale with distinction, with our list of the best ‘Good Names for Clydesdales.’
Give your horse the personalized care they deserve with 24/7 guided wellness from AskVet’s professionals!
If you want to know my favorite black and white horse names for males, it’s a tossup between Orca and Oreo. Both are so cute!
What are your favorite black and white horse names for males? share with us below!
Salome Njeri has established a successful career offering ghostwriting, copywriting, and blogging services. Her passion is to create meaningful and detailed content that not only educates, but also entertains.
Before she started writing, she got a graduate degree in Economics and Statistics from Kenyatta University, Kenya. After that, she did a couple of clerical jobs just to make ends meet. She now works as a full-time freelance writer.
When she’s not on her computer or tending to her new baby, you’ll likely find her in the kitchen trying out a new recipe.