Need name tags for horse blankets?
I’ve scoured the marketplace and found some exciting choices.
Let’s see if one of these is a perfect addition to your horse blankets.
Don’t forget to check these best blankets for horses!
Cheap Horse Blankets Tags – Top Picks at a Glance
If you see the value in these products and choose to purchase via my referral links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- Hoobynoo Horse Tack ID Watercolor Tag
- Lauren Brooke Shop 719 Horse Blanket Tag
- Carols Stitchery Blanket or Horse Tack Tags
- Turkey Knob Engraving Blanket ID Circle Tag
- Hoofbeat Designs Personalized Horse Halter Bridle Tag
Don’t have time? Here is a quick comparison of our favorites!
16 Best Name Tags for Horse Blankets
This first choice is an adorable, “lightweight aluminum” blanket tag with 37 selectable horse illustrations. But there is still extra room for the name, contact details, and other info.
So it’s a full-service name tag that lets everyone know what blanket belongs to your horse.
Everyone loves custom name tags with an easy attachment process. These tags use a straightforward clasp mechanism to hook onto the blankets or other meaningful items.
In addition, they have selectable fonts and threads to make sure your horse stands out from the rest.
Also Read: How to Fold a Horse Blanket
Nothing beats a blanket tag with an engraved name. This beautiful circular name tag comes in solid brass or silver ($3 extra dollars) to provide even more elegance.
I also love how you can add lines onto these custom items, such as a home address or owner’s name.
Is your horse always on the move from show to show? I don’t see how this excellent custom circular name tag wouldn’t be a perfect fit as a ride-along item.
It’s hard to imagine anything causing the raw brass or aluminum tag to fall off a horse’s blanket.
Show your horse some love by giving them a heart-shaped name tag. This love will last a long time as it’s from high-quality aluminum material.
If needed, adding your phone number onto the name tag only costs a small extra fee.
Need to label a large number of blankets? Here are 100 name tags made with durable and water-resistant plastic. All I need is a permanent marker to mark them, and even my horses will never get the wrong blankets again.
- DURABLE AND WATER-RESISTANT; plastic tags can withstand heavy use and exposure to water
- EASY TO LABEL; tag has a 1-1/8 inch recess for our custom die-cut labels or permanent marker write-on space
- KEY RING INCLUDED; each tag has a sturdy 3/4 inch diameter key ring that keeps keys secure
- VERSATILE; can be easily labeled to suit many applications and needs
- MADE IN USA
I’ve always thought leather meshed well with a horse’s aesthetic. These tags aren’t any different and fit your horse’s name, along with a phone number. You can even place them on key rings to attach them onto the tail flap or wrap them around a strap.
Don’t forget to read our article about horse blanket leg straps!
This 25-pack is another sizable option with multiple colors. Each horse will get a choice of name tags that are blue, lime, lemon, magenta, melon, and lilac.
It makes matching their name tag to their personality a lot easier. Plus, the item ships and arrives much faster than standard shipping.
- MEASUREMENTS - Tag has a 1-1/8” diameter recess for our custom die-cut labels or permanent marker
- LABELS INCLUDED - blank, pre-formatted labels with instructions; templates are compatible with Windows XP or 2000
- KEY RING INCLUDED - each tag has a sturdy 3/4 inch diameter key ring that keeps keys secure
- ASSORTED COLORS - blue, lime, melon, lilac, lemon, magenta
- MADE IN USA
If I was feeling a bit fancy, this engraved tag made from silver will be a suitable choice. It even offers a set of three for an affordable price.
Honestly, I can’t imagine a bargain buyer not considering these name tags.
I’ve found their stainless steel material also has proven to be better than the average blanket tag.
Ear tags aren’t normally associated with blanket tags. But these 100 tags are made with practical, durable TPU materials that adapt well for our purposes. They’ll attach onto horse blankets without issue and never come off even under extreme duress.
- Five color to choose from, and ear tags are very soft.
- Overall is TPU materials, no metal, no need to worry it will rust to harm to animals
- High quality material can hardy antifreeze heat. Durable, not easy to damage
- Color is gorgeous and never decolorization, easy to Identify on the livestock ears
- Used with the professional ear tag applicators.
Blanket tags for horses don’t get much more noticeable than these 6-inch long ones. The vast number of thread and fabric choices don’t hurt, either. Throw in the easy clasping mechanism and it’s a clear worthwhile option that I can’t overlook.
Bargain buyers will love this 40-pack option filled with assorted colored name tags. You simply slide a piece of paper into the tags.
From there, every horse will have their colored blanket tag attached to a personal item.
- 40 Pcs & 9 Colors: The pack contains 40 tags of random colors. Excellent coding system to mark multiple items such as bunches of keys, suitcases, USB flash drives, etc.
- Great Identifier: With a clear window, each tag contains a blank paper for labeling. Easily classify items by color coding and labeling. Ideal for use with Uniclife Security Key Cabinets.
- Sturdy but Flexible: Made of durable and soft PE material which resists tearing and color fading. Pliable material makes it bend easily without cracking or tear.
- Compact and Light: Measure 2.1" L x 0.8" W and weigh 0.07 oz. Easy to attach them to your belongings with the split rings. Perfect size for you to carry them around with no extra burden or bulk.
- 2 Tagging Methods: Easily slide out each label by bending the slit on the back or removing the keyring. Write and be sure to put them back after the ink dries completely to avoid smearing.
Circle tags don’t often have both high-quality acrylic designs and beautiful engravings. I’d take advantage of this option as it’s affordable with reasonable shipping speeds.
Tie one of these label tags around your horse’s blanket strap for easy organization. There’s even has a large writing area to fit all the information. Equipped with five separate colors to further help keep the collection of blankets organized.
- Material: high quality nylon ,durable and strong
- Size: 13.5cm/5.3 inch (wire long),writing label area is 3.93inch ×2.36inch/10cm ×6cm (length × width)
- Large write area: it allow to write more information of item
- Application: Luggage tag, Logistics express label, Consignment Tags，etc
- Package include: 25PCS large plastic label tags ties
Versatility is what makes these raw brass/nickel silver tags stand out.  They can serve multiple roles with being usable as blanket, halter, saddle, or bridle name tags. It makes buying several of them very appealing to a person like myself.
Name Tags for Horse Blankets FAQs
What is the blanket on a horse called?
The blanket on a horse is called two different terms. The categorization ends up depending on its type as it could be a “turnout or stable” blanket. 
How do you label a horse blanket?
You label a horse blanket using a name tag or using “a permanent marker, writing on belly or leg straps.” I’d recommend investing in some quality name tags as it’s a bit more effective and long-lasting than a permanent marker. 
I hope these name tags for horse blankets can help solve your issues. Let me know which one was your favorite among all of these options. You can also leave a post below with any leftover questions or concerns.
- 1. Freedman D. Why Does Metal Matter? [Internet]. Freedman’s. [cited 2021 Dec 15]. Available from: https://freedmanharness.com/blogs/bits-of-advice/17481113-why-does-metal-matter
- 2. The Ultimate Horse Blanketing Guide [Internet]. SmartPak Equine. [cited 2021 Dec 15]. Available from: https://www.smartpakequine.com/content/horse-blanket-guide#:~:text=They%20come%20in%20two%20varieties
- 3. How To Make A Horse Blanket Rack? – Neeness [Internet]. [cited 2021 Dec 15]. Available from: https://neeness.com/how-to-make-a-horse-blanket-rack/
What are your favorite name tags for horse blankets? Please let us know in the comments below!
My name is Ben Roberts, and I absolutely love animals. So, naturally, I love writing about them too! I have three dogs and one old cat, plus experience with horses. Each one of them provides me with a new adventure every day. And the best part is they’re all best friends. Well, except the cat when he gets a little annoyed. FIND HIM ON: TWITTER.
Read his latest ARTICLES.
Learn more about Benhere