Choosing majestic horse names is no easy task. There is no need to worry, though. I completely understand.
Without further delay, here are some great majestic names for horses, from enchanting options for your girl horse to mythical horse names for your favorite horse.
If you don’t have the time right now to read the whole list below, here are 20 of my top favorite picks.
|Majestic Horse Names for Stallions||Majestic Horse Names for Mares|
50 Majestic Horse Names for Stallions
These names are perfect majestic names for the male horses  since they are awe-inspiring, impressive, and monumental.
- Adom- Hebrew origin meaning “earth.”
- Aenescumb- English origin that means “lives in the valley of the majestic one.”
- Amir- Arabic origin that means “prince.”
- Arion- Hebrew origin meaning “melodious.” In Greek mythology, Arion was an immortal, lightning-fast, talking horse.
- Austen- Latin origin meaning “great, magnificent.”
- Baldr- Old Norse origin that means “prince.” In Norse mythology, he was the god of beauty, happiness, light, and love.
- Balmoral- Scottish origin meaning “from the majestic village.”
- Barack- African origin meaning “lightning, blessing.” Barack Obama was the 44th President of the United States.
- Basil- Greek origin that means “royal, kingly.”
- Blayton- Irish origin meaning “deep thinker.”
- Calup- American origin meaning “legendary.”
- Caratacus- Latin origin means “loving, beloved, dear friend.”
- Cyfrin- Welsh origin meaning “sorcerer.”
- Daliso- Chewa Tribe origin meaning “heavenly blessings.”
- Daran- Gaelic origin that means “great.”
- Doron- Hebrew origin meaning “gift.”
- Ehren- German origin that means “honorable.”
- Eijaz- Arabic origin meaning “blessings, miracle.”
- Elby- African origin that means “new dimensions of glory.”
- Ender- Turkish origin meaning “extremely rare.” Ender is a fictional character from “Ender’s Game,” a 1985 military sci-fi novel by Orson Scott Card, and the 2013 action military sci-fi movie.
- Galdur- Old Norse origin that means “magic, sorcery.”
- Gisbert- German origin meaning “bright promise.”
- Hamood- Arabic origin that means “praiseworthy.”
- Jovan- Slavic origin that means “God is gracious.”
- Jovon- Latin origin meaning “father of the sky.”
- Jude- Hebrew origin that means “praised.” This name makes me think of one of my favorite actors- Jude Law.
- Kenzo- Japanese origin meaning “wise one.”
- Koa- Hawaiian origin that means “warrior, brave one.”
- Lucious- Latin origin meaning “light.”
- Mapalo- Bemba Tribe origin meaning “heavenly blessings.”
- Miracolo- Italian origin meaning “a miracle.”
- Oberon- Old German origin that means “royal bear.” Oberon is a character from William Shakespeare’s play “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” and is the King of the Fairies.
- Orji- Nigerian origin meaning “majestic trunk.”
- Otieno- African origin that means “born at night.”
- Pratap- Indian origin meaning “a majestic man.”
- Rajnish- Indian origin meaning “lord of the night.”
- Seaghda- Irish origin that means “majestic.”
- Tanttu- Finnish origin meaning “steadfast, constant.”
- Tauno- Finnish origin that means “peaceful, modest.”
- Virat- Sanskrit origin meaning “majestic, brilliant.”
- Zoeb- Hebrew origin that means “king, the blessed one.”
50 Majestic Horse Names for Mares
These are perfect majestic names for the female horse because they are classy, graceful, and striking.
- Aerwyna– English origin meaning “friend of the sea.”
- Afsoun– Persian origin that means “charm spell.”
- Aksha- Hindi origin meaning “blessing of God.”
- Alazne- Spanish origin that means “miracle.”
- Amari- Greek origin that means “eternal beauty.”
- Ariela- Hebrew origin meaning “lion of God.”
- Austina- Latin origin that means “great, magnificent.”
- Awsta- Irish origin meaning “majestic.”
- Behati- African origin means “blessed, she who brings happiness.”
- Beyonce- English origin meaning “beyond others.” Beyonce Knowles is a singer, songwriter, actress, and former lead singer of the girl group Destiny’s Child.
- Ceanna- English origin meaning “favor, grace.”
- Charisma- Greek origin meaning “blessing.”
- Custelle- Latin origin meaning “majestic.”
- Elvina- Old English origin that means “elf, magical being.”
- Elysia- Latin origin meaning “from the blessed isles.”
- Enora- French origin that means “honor.”
- Gustel- German origin that means “majestic.”
- Hanita- Indian origin meaning “divine grace.”
- Harika- Arabic origin that means “beautiful.”
- Ingrid- Scandinavian origin that means “beautiful loved.”
- Jovanna– Slavic origin meaning “God is gracious.”
- Jovianne– French origin that means “happy.”
- Karishma– Indian origin meaning “miracle.”
- Keilani– Hawaiian origin that means “blessing of nature.”
- Lorelei– German origin meaning “alluring enchantress.”
- Majesta– Latin origin that means “royal bearing, dignity.”
- Marvella– Latin origin meaning “miracle to marvel at.”
- Mireya– Latin origin meaning “admired.”
- Mystique– English origin that means “a fascinating aura of mystery.” Mystique is a fictional character from the X-Men comic book series and the film franchise.
- Nasya– Hebrew origin meaning “miracle of God.”
- Pacifica– Latin origin that means “peacemaker.”
- Phillipa– Greek origin meaning “lover of horses.”
- Radella– English origin meaning “elfin advisor.”
- Sanela– Croatian origin meaning “healthy.”
- Shea– Irish origin meaning “the stately, dauntless one.”
- Thalia– Greek origin meaning “to flourish.”
- Theodora– Greek origin that means “God’s gift.”
- Zoraida– Arabic origin meaning “captivating woman.”
Here’s a cool video of majestic horse names.
26 Elegant Horse Names for Stallions
Finding the perfect name for your majestic steed  can be tricky. Dare I say; that many people settle for names that don’t match their majestic status?
If you are looking for elegant horse names, this is the list for you.
- Aldrich– Old English meaning “old, wise ruler.”
- Bartram– Scandinavian origin meaning “bright raven.”
- Ezra– Hebrew origin that means “help, aid, protect.”
- Ignatius– Greek origin that means “fiery.”
- Malachi– Biblical origin meaning “my messenger.”
- Montague– French origin meaning “pointed hill.”
- Mungo– Gaelic origin that means “amiable, beloved.”
- Roderick– German origin that means “glory, ruler.”
- Tancred– German origin that means “well-thought advice.”
- Xavier– Arabic origin meaning “new house, bright.”
26 Elegant Horse Names for Mares
There’s nothing wrong with naming your horse something like Bob or Steve, but why not try for a more elegant name for your beloved equine?
- Adira– Hebrew origin that means “strong, noble, powerful.”
- Blythe– English origin meaning “happy, carefree.”
- Eliana– Greek origin that means “daughter of the sun.”
- Honora– Latin origin that means “woman of honor.”
- Melisande– Old German origin meaning “animal strength.”
- Ophelia– Greek origin meaning “helper.” Ophelia is the tragic heroine in “Hamlet,” William Shakespeare’s tragedy play.
- Portia– Latin origin meaning “an offering.” In “The Merchant of Venice,” Portia is the heroine in William Shakespeare’s 16th-century play.
- Zara– Arabic origin that means “star, flower.”
27 White Horse Names for Stallions
These names are ideal for majestic white horse breeds such as American Cream Draft, Boulonnais, Camargue, Camarillo White, Lipizzan, Orlov Trotter, Percheron, and Shagya Arabian.
- Albus– Latin origin meaning “white.” Albus Dumbledore is a character in the Harry Potter film series.
- Beluga– According to Britannica, a beluga whale is “a small, toothed whale found mainly in the coastal waters of the Arctic Ocean.”
- Blanc- the French word for “white.”
- Blanco- the Spanish word for “white.”
- Bolt- Bolt is the main character in the 2008 computer-animated adventure comedy movie “Bolt.”
- Casper- Named after Casper the Friendly Ghost.
- Olaf- Olaf is a character from Disney’s “Frozen” media franchise.
- Pegasus- In Greek mythology, Pegasus was a pure white winged horse.
- Shadowfax- Shadowfax is the stallion ridden by Gandalf from the “Lord of the Rings” film trilogy.
Check out this cool video of white horse names.
27 White Horse Names for Mares
One of the best ways to name a horse is based on its coat color. Check out these cool horse names.
- Blanca– a Spanish word for “white.”
- Blanche– the French word for “white.”
- Fleur de Sel– Fleur de Sel is white, pyramid-shaped crystals that form when seawater evaporates.
- Guinevere– Welsh origin that means “white shadow, white wave.”
- Luna– Luna means “moon” in Italian, Latin, and Spanish.
- Opal– An opal is a white-colored gemstone.
- Siberia– Siberia is a vast (about 5.1 million square miles) geographical region in the northernmost area of Asia.
What are some unique majestic names for horses?
For male horses, Adom, Caratacus, and Koa are ideal, and Alazne, Gustel, and Nasya are great for female horses.
What are some majestic names for white horses?
Avalanche, Casper, and Pegasus are ideal for stallions, and for mares, Alaska, Luna, and Swan are great.
Hopefully, the above majestic horse names have given you some inspiration for naming your horse. Horses are magnificent, elegant, and beautiful animals, so choosing a fitting name is essential.
- 1. Horse Breed Info | List of Horse Breeds | Types of Horse Breeds with Pictures | petMD. Petmd.com. Published 2019. https://www.petmd.com/horse/breeds
- 2. Stallion – an overview | ScienceDirect Topics. www.sciencedirect.com. Accessed May 5, 2022. https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/pharmacology-toxicology-and-pharmaceutical-science/stallion